For most people, being a homeowner is a source of pride, and the ability to make decisions for the house that reflect their personal style is a luxury. One of the easiest ways to ensure the home not has great curb appeal but also allows for personal style to shine through is through remodeling projects to customize your home. Some of the most popular remodeling projects include kitchen and bathroom renovations.
However, most homeowners are unaware of the best time of year to remodel the kitchen or the bathroom. The good news is that with summer in full swing, now is the perfect time of the year for your next remodeling project. From July to September, home improvement projects that focus on the inside of the home are on the rise, and for good reason. It’s a lot cooler indoors, for starters. Plus, summer is usually the time of year set aside for vacations and projects, meaning access to professional contractors is at an all-time high.
At Texas Remodel Team, we’re excited that summer is here—and are busier than ever making sure our customers are satisfied with beautiful, top-quality home remodeling projects. Before you get started on yours this season, it’s important to not only understand the additional benefits of during your project during the summer but also how to start your project off on the right foot.
There are more benefits to a summertime remodel than just keeping everyone out of the heat. That’s why we have put together a brief list of the additional benefits you can expect for your kitchen or Houston baths remodel this season.
- Easy Scheduling: When it comes to needing a plumber or contractor, summer is the perfect time to schedule an appointment. This time of the year means that remodels and repairs due to frozen pipes and other causes are nonexistent. Keep in mind that everyone else will have this idea, so be sure to shoot for a couple of weeks ahead of time to keep this perk.
- Easy, Breezy Summer Scheduling: Summer is the classic time of year to take a vacation with the family. With a summer remodeling project scheduled, you can not only get the bathroom or kitchen of your dreams—but you won’t have to live in the house during the renovation. Plus, think of the noise you won’t have to hear!
- Market Opportunity: In the summer, supply availability is at its peak thanks to the popularity of the summer season. For homeowners, this means lower prices for contractors and better deals. Plus, the bathroom and kitchen are goldmines when it comes to adding value to the home making a summer remodel a win-win.
Whether it’s a bathroom or kitchen remodel, chances are that the windows will play a part in the process. With this kind of project, you may want to consider taking advantage of improved energy-efficiency with Houston replacement windows.
Before You Start
Even during the best season, the remodeling project for either the kitchen or bath requires careful planning by homeowners to avoid feeling overwhelmed. With our handy tips below you will be well on your way to a smooth kitchen or bath remodel.
- Examine Your Space: When thinking of your remodeling project you need to know what your space is capable of currently and what you want it to be like after the project. Do you want an improved layout, more space, or increased value? Understanding your goals will help you determine what will be necessary to accomplish them going forward.
- Collect and Compile Ideas: Once you have set the goals you want to accomplish, its time to collect all the ideas to get inspired for your remodel. Start exploring magazines, Pinterest, or any other source to start shaping your new kitchen or bathroom in your mind.
- Determine the Budget: Sure, we all would love to have the highest quality or most expensive materials, but that’s not always a possibility. This is the step responsible for determining what you can feasibly afford. Know this number before you visit a contractor.
Successful Summer Home Remodeling With Texas Remodel Team
Once you have those steps complete, it’s time to work with a qualified and professional contractor that specializes in kitchens and bathrooms. The team at Texas Remodel Team has been focused on providing superior remodels and renovations for over 25 years.
Some of our industry-leading company’s accolades include:
- Recognition as “Texas’ Leading Indoor and Outdoor Remodeler”
- Elite Service Award Winner
- Top-Rated HomeAdvisor Member
- A+ Rating and Accreditation with the BBB
- Angie’s List Certified Member
- Membership in both the Greater Houston Builders Association and the Texas Association of Builders
If it’s time to start your summer Houston baths or kitchen remodeling project, we’d love to hear from you. Give us a call to speak with one of our agents about our professional bathroom and kitchen remodeling services, or fill out our online form to schedule your free, in-home pricing estimate and design consultation.